Thursday, October 4, 2007

Let's Talk about .. MOSS2007-Create Audience

The senior colleague teached me today about how to create and manage the Audience in SharePoint.
  1. If you are Administrator of the SharePoint Server, you will be able to enter SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.

  2. After entering the SharePoint Central Adminitrator, go to your ShareServices. The default name is ShareServices 1.

  3. Go to Audience

  4. Click at Create audience.

  5. The Create Audience page appears. Then, you have to type the name of Audience, the Description, and Owner of this Audience, and select that you want to satify the all rules or some rules. After that, click OK.

  6. The Add Audience Rule page appears. In this page, you have to select that you want the operand to be the User or Property. Next, select the Operator, and Finally, type the Value. For example, if I want everyone in group of AllStar to be my Audience, I will select User as my Operand, Member of as my Operator, and AllStar as my Value. After that, click OK.
  7. The View Audience Properties page appears. Don't forget to click Compile audience if you didn't set the schedule compilation. Note: you can enable the Schedule Compilation at Manage Audiences.

No comments: