Monday, February 16, 2009

Let's Talk about .. MOSS-Error "You do not habe the rights to perform this operation" when setting SSO

A few week ago, I got the error "You do no have rights to perform this operation" message when I tried to manage the Single Sign-On setting on MOSS2007. I asked P'Knight DBA and P'Pop DBA to check if the rights of the user account I used is a member of public database in the configuration database and it's the member of serveradmin fixed server role in the instance of MS SQL Server or not, and it is. Thus, I opened a case to Microsoft. Microsoft Support Engineer suggested me to check the Single Sign-On service logon account in Windows Server 2003 service. And I found that why the error occured. My Single Sign-on Service logon account was set as Local System. It has to be set as the correct domain account that I use with MOSS.

With the help of Microsoft and the idea from SharePoint 2003 article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889645 , it may concluded that we have to make sure that the user account we're gonna use to set the SSO must be..

  1. Log On As in Microsoft Single Sign-On Service in Windows Server 2003
  2. Member of Administrator/Local group of MOSS2007
  3. Member of public database role on the config database
  4. Member of serveradmin fixed server role in the instance of SQL Server that SSO DB is gonna be located

No comments: